Apache HTTP Server, colloquially referred to as Apache, is free and open-source cross-platform internet server software program, launched underneath the phrases of Apache License 2.0. Apache is developed and maintained by an open group of builders underneath the auspices of the Apache Software Foundation.
Apache HTTP Server is cross-platform, which means that it’s constructed for Unix-like techniques (e.g., macOS, Linux and FreeBSD) in addition to Windows. 92% of all Apache HTTPS Server copies run on Linux distributions.
The Apache HTTP Server Project is a collaborative software program improvement effort aimed toward creating a strong, commercial-grade, featureful, and freely-available supply code implementation of an HTTP (Web) server.
The challenge is collectively managed by a gaggle of volunteers situated all over the world, utilizing the Internet and the Web to speak, plan, and develop the server and its associated documentation.
This challenge is a part of the Apache Software Foundation. In addition, tons of of customers have contributed concepts, code, and documentation to the challenge. Apache Software exists to offer sturdy and commercial-grade reference implementations of many sorts of software program. It should stay a platform upon which people and establishments can construct dependable techniques, each for experimental functions and for mission-critical functions.
Apache HTTP Server Features:
- Loadable Dynamic Modules
- Multiple Request Processing modes (MPMs) together with Event-based/Async, Threaded and Prefork.
- Highly scalable (simply handles greater than 10,000 simultaneous connections)
- Handling of static recordsdata, index records data, auto-indexing and content material negotiation
- .htaccess help
- Reverse proxy with caching
- Load balancing with in-band well being checks
- Multiple load balancing mechanisms
- Fault tolerance and Failover with automated restoration
- WebSocket, FastCGI, SCGI, AJP and uWSGI help with caching
- Dynamic configuration.
- TLS/SSL with SNI and OCSP stapling help, through OpenSSL.
- Name- and IP address-based digital servers
- HTTP/2 protocol help
- Fine-grained authentication and authorization entry management
- gzip compression and decompression
- URL rewriting
- Headers and content material rewriting
- Custom logging with rotation
- Concurrent connection limiting
- Request processing fee limiting
- Bandwidth throttling
- Server Side Includes
- IP address-based geolocation
- User and Session monitoring
- Embedded Perl, PHP and Lua scripting
- CGI help
- public_html per-user web-pages
- Generic expression parser
- Real-time standing views
- XML help
Size: 8.65 MB