Download FreeCAD is a parametric 3D CAD modeler and drawing device. It’s focused squarely on the mechanical engineering and product design fields. FreeCAD is a basic objective feature-based for CAD, MCAD, CAx, CAE and
PLM. It aimes instantly at mechanical engineering and product design but in addition matches a wider vary of makes use of in engineering. Corresponding to structure or different engineering specialties.
It’s 100% Open Supply and very modular, permitting for very superior extension and customization. The software program can already import DXF, OCA/ GCAD, SVG, STP, STEP, IGS, IGES and different codecs. You can too create a brand new doc from scratch.
FreeCAD helps 2D objects like traces, rectangles, arcs or circle. A in addition to varied 3D primitives (field, sphere, cylinder, cone, torus), every of which might then be manipulated in varied methods (translation, rotation, mirroring, scaling, offset and extra).
There are additionally loads of mesh instruments. A drawing module which exports projected views of your geometry to a 2D SVG doc. And a ray tracing module which exports your work for rendering in POV-Ray.
Python code underlies all of this. The whole lot you do throughout the interface will situation some Python command, which you’ll be able to look at. You’ll be able to freely enter Python instructions your self should you want a bit of extra flexibility. And even create macros by recording any notably helpful Python for replay later.
FreeCAD is predicated on OpenCasCade. That could be a highly effective geometry kernel, options an Open Inventor-compliant 3D scene illustration mannequin. It offered by the Coin 3D library, and a broad Python API. The interface is constructed with Qt. FreeCAD runs precisely the identical means on Home windows, Mac OSX and Linux platforms.
FreeCAD Key Options:
- An entire Open CASCADE Know-how-based geometry kernel permitting complicated 3D operations on complicated form sorts. With native assist for ideas like brep, nurbs curves and surfaces. A variety of geometric entities, boolean operations and fillets, and built-in assist of STEP and IGES codecs
- A full parametric mannequin. All FreeCAD objects are natively parametric. Meaning their form may be primarily based on properties and even rely upon different objects. All modifications being recalculated on demand, and recorded by the undo/redo stack.
- A modular structure that enable plugins (modules) so as to add performance to the core utility.
- Import and export to customary codecs. Corresponding to STEP, IGES, OBJ, STL, DXF, SVG, STL, DAE, IFC or OFF, NASTRAN, VRML. Along with FreeCAD’s native Fcstd file format.
- A Sketcher with constraint-solver, permitting to sketch geometry-constrained 2D shapes. The sketcher at the moment means that you can construct a number of sorts of constrained geomerty. Additionally you need to use them as a base to construct different objects all through FreeCAD.
- A Robotic simulation module that enables to review robotic actions. The robotic module already has an prolonged graphical interface permitting GUI-only workflow.
- A Drawing sheets module that let to place 2D views of your 3D fashions on a sheet. This modules then produces ready-to-export SVG or PDF sheets. The module remains to be sparse however already encompasses a highly effective Python performance.
- A Rendering module that may export 3D objects for rendering with exterior renderers. Presently solely helps povray and LuxRender, however it will likely be prolonged to different renderers sooner or later.
- An Structure module that enables BIM-like workflow, with IFC compatibility.
Working Techniques: Debian-based Linux programs, Mac OS X, Home windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32 and 64 bits).
Homepage – http://www.freecadweb.org
Size: 92.6 MB